Header Ads

ad

Chelsea Goal-keeper Thibaut Courtois Clarifies “My Heart Is In Madrid”



Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois has admitted that he is “not clear” about his future with the club

Thibaut Courtois, who previously played for Real’s city rivals Atletico Madrid, is currently in talks with Chelsea about a new contract, with his existing deal due to expire at the end of next season.

Real have long been credited with an interest in the Belgian, however, and in a recent interview Courtois admitted that his “heart is in Madrid”.

Seeking to clarify those comments last night following Chelsea’s 1-1 draw with Barcelona, Courtois told reporters: “I’m not clear about my future, what I said that my heart is in Madrid was misunderstood.

“I have two children in Spain, in Madrid, and that’s not easy. I have one year left [here] and I’m happy and talking to Chelsea.

“They have bet on me from the first moment and that is not forgotten. I do not think Florentino Perez (Real president) calls me, he will call my agent and he will listen to him.”

No comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...